Monday, June 9, 2008

ponderings.

As I sit here day after day, on the same chair, in the same desk, doing the same things, working my life away, I get to pondering. What does God have for me in this life? Am I meant to be a missionary midwife in Africa? Or am I meant to stay in the states, become a pastor's wife and work with underprivileged children and unwed mothers? Does he want me to go to nursing school and travel to the Philippines? Does he want me to play my viola in a worship band in Chicago?

There are so many possibilities, so many opportunities, so many choices. Where is the manual to life? Can't I just google "Monica's Life" and get answers? Of course not. The Lord likes to make it tricky... Or at least in my little puny mind. I know that I will never know all there is to know about God and all there is to know about my future... but I have this little incling that I may find something in that little book called the Bible...

those are my ramblings for the day.

Conclusion: read that book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome stuff, M. You're truly a heart that yearns for God. Keep pursuing Him! Don't forget, God will use you right where you are, even at that notorious front desk or house sitting, becasue God still moves- we just have to move with Him.