Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions

Happy 2009!

New Year's is a time of new beginnings and resolutions. Although we tend to make a futile attempt at keeping these resolutions and there are many skeptics who refuse to even make resolutions for fear of breaking them... But I would beg to differ. Even if we end up breaking these new resolutions, isn't it better if we tried? If we hold on for a month, or two months, or even half a year, haven't we made ourselves a better person, even if it was short lived?

So I have decided to become a more disciplined person. I want to eat healthier, do better in school, exercise more regularly, and have a consistent time with God. Don and I are going through Romans together and I hope that this will help my personal devotion time. I know this may come as a shock to some people, (ha!) but I have never been consistent in my personal time with God. I pray this will change this year as I start planning out what my future will look like... internship, graduation looming...

May you look to find a resolution that will make you a better person, even if it is only for a month or two... trying is better than sitting.

No comments: