Monday, July 19, 2010

Baba Papa, Mont Blanc, Eiffel Tower, and Last Thoughts

This past friday, my host parents and their two sweet grand kids and I went into Paris for a fun drive around. We stopped at the Tuileries (The gardens right outside the Louvre) and there was a fun carnival going on. My host dad (Christian) bought us all cotton candy. My host mom (Rose-Marie) is English and she calls it "Candy Floss", the French call is "Baba Papa" (Papa's Beard) ew! and I (American) call it "Cotton Candy". I think the Americans won on this one. I don't really want to be thinking of eating "papa's beard" when I eat the stuff and it has nothing to do with flossing you teeth! ...although I should after I eat it! Here's a pic of Gillian, Benjamin, and I at the carnival.



Last weekend I was invited by a woman from the church I am going to to go to her family Chalet in the French Alps! It was so amazing to see a different part of France. The Alps are absolutely gorgeous! It was a great weekend to get away and relax. I had some great conversations with the family (who are not Christians) and had some good time with the Lord. There is something different about doing your devotions on a mountain on a bridge over a waterfall. :)





This picture is from a couple weeks ago, I finally got up close and personal with the Eiffel Tower! Its a lot bigger than I expected!



I am finished with French classes and on Thursday I come home! My time in France has been good. It has had many ups and downs and different experiences. I have learned a lot over these past 6 weeks. I have learned a lot about the French people and about real ministry. Ministry is hard. Especially in Europe. Europe is dark and closed. It is not for the faint of heart.

No comments: