Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Seeing What God is Doing

So it has been a few weeks or so, I can't remember when I posted last on this thing. It seems like I can journal for days and even write on the computer long drawn out entries, but when it comes to blogging, I am suddenly blank. Maybe it is because I think people will judge me on my grammar. Or maybe I think I'm not quirky or cool enough to write a trendy blog. well, the people who read this want to know what is going on in my life, so I shall just ramble.


I finally saw the Eiffel Tower today. Some cool kids from Moody who are doing the Europe Study Abroad program with Moody came by Paris on their week off. It was great to see Nick Parish again and meet two new people, Tara Fairty and Matt Knapp. They are all so awesome! They have been traveling all over Europe, taking classes from different Moody professors, visiting great historic sites. I definitely wish I could have done that! I guess studying abroad in Belfast was pretty cool, and hanging out in Paris for the summer is also pretty cool, so I will just marvel in the blessings God has given us all. :)I took them up the Champs Elysse to the Arc de Triumphe and we walked to the Eiffel Tower and actually ran into another group of Moodies! We then went to dinner by the Hotel Des Invalides. The food was great and the time with friends was even better!

As for the daily happenings, I am plugging along in French. These classes are so packed full of information and great useful things, but I am just not liking the mornings! I have to get up at 6:30am every morning and leave for the train at 7:15, take an hour and 15min train ride and then walk to class. Its kind of a hassle, but I should NOT complain! If you know me at all, I am NOT a morning person. I am definitely far from it. I could sleep all day. But God has given me this great opportunity to learn French and I cannot take it for granted.

Today I met with a lovely lady from South Africa. Her and her husband are missionaries here in Paris. Her husband is the field leader of France for OM and she works in the Muslim community, teaching French literacy classes to Muslim women. I was struck by what a great opportunity her and her team have with these women! All of the women she teaches are immigrants who speak little to no French. The women are from Sri Lanka, Iraq, Nepal, Sudan, everywhere! And God has specifically molded her, as a foreigner, to reach out to these women. It is amazing what God is doing. It really got me thinking. There are some great opportunities here.

Recently I have had to really sit and think about what I am doing here and where I am headed. It's amazing what tricks Satan can play in your mind. I must lean on God for every breath I breathe or life will come crumbling down.

I go home in 2 weeks! My how time has flown!

No comments: