Friday, July 16, 2010

We Battle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Today I realized that people aren't always going to like you. And people aren't always going to think that what you want to do with your life is worth doing. Coming from a home and a school where everyone thought that what I have chosen as my life's desire was courageous, I was not prepared to get outside of the bubble and realize that the world doesn't want Christians to make a difference. The world doesn't want those "intolerant" "presumptuous" people trying to change other's beliefs. But the way I see it, I know the truth and not only did it change my life, but it set me free. I live with a purpose and I have true fulfillment and freedom in Christ and that is what I want to tell the world about. When I try to see it from their point of view, I can understand. In their eyes, I think something is truth when it really is relative. In their eyes, I am just trying to push my agenda--an agenda that is not correct to the outside world. I just "want to convert them"

I knew there would be persecution but I didn't realize that it would be hard not to agree with those who persecute me. The battle is from without and within.

No comments: